Providing Student Meals to Virtual Learners
*** This post and associated download was updated on 8/26/20 ***
Recent USDA and Pennsylvania Department of Education guidance now allow those students participating in WCSD instruction virtually to receive student meals via curbside pickup. Please be sure to download and read the information sheet below for all of the details.
IMPORTANT: Families wishing to participate must complete an application, found at https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=5H8HhE0j_EmCsJyTTTqn4v4oN1rUp7pOiqmk8R3XA5BUOUZHRURZU0JVTzIyQko5STRURjNLVjBWVC4u. Also, meals can only be given to the child or the Parent/Legal Guardian. Proof of identification will be required at the time of pick up.
Here are some important details on the program:
- Meals for Virtual Students will begin on Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- Meals will be distributed via an assigned curbside pickup location on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m
- A family with several children at multiple schools may pick up their family's meals at one location
- Monday’s meals will include two full breakfasts and two full lunches
- Wednesday’s meals will include three breakfasts and three lunches
- Meals are only for instructional days listed on the WCSD calendar
- If meal pick up occurs on a day with a 2hr. delay, meals will be distributed at the same time as normal.
- Virtual students with a scheduled class that interferes with the 10-10:30 a.m. pickup may pick up their meals during their lunch period in the main office of the appropriate high school listed below.
Pickup locations for meals are:
- For students attending SAMHS and SAES; Receive meals at the SAMHS student entrance
For students at WAEC, BWMS, WAHS; Receive meals at WAHS gym entrance
For students at YES and YMHS; Receive meals at YMHS main entrance
For students at EMHS and EES; Receive meals at the EMHS Student foyer entrance
Attention Parents: Please take a few moments to complete the updated district technology survey for each student you have in a WCSD school. This information is imperative to the district as we move forward in planning future instruction.