In order to commence a home education program, the parent or legal guardian having custody of the home-educated child who will be responsible for the provision of instruction to the child (e.g., “the Supervisor”), must submit to the District’s Home Education Administrator, 232 Second Street, Youngsville, PA 16371, a notarized affidavit.
- The initial home education affidavit may be submitted at any time during the school year, but all subsequent affidavits are due by August 1st for the following school year. (24 P.S. §13-1327.1(b)(1)).
- If a child who will be reaching the age of six (6) years during the upcoming school year has never been enrolled in any legal educational option in Pennsylvania (public school; private school; private tutoring; or home education program), the parent/legal guardian must submit the affidavit for any child age six (6) - 18 years old. The home education program will not officially “exist” unless or until the affidavit is submitted to the school district of residence.
Home School Evaluations are due by June 30th annually.
Please drop off Evaluations and Affidavits at the Administration Building located at
Youngsville Elementary School
c/o Liz Kent
232 Second Street
Youngsville, PA 16371
Home Education Families should keep the following documentation on file (suggestions provided by PDE):
The family should keep until graduation
- Portfolios (at the level – elementary or secondary)
- Evaluations (all)
- Immunization and medical services records
The family should keep for the life of the student
- Name and contact information for 12th grade evaluator (in case the diploma is lost)
For more information regarding Home School please visit the Warren County School District Administrative Procedures and the Pennsylvania Department of Education website PDE Home Education