2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Information
For purposes of the above definition of “school age,” in order to meet the earliest admission age for the District’s kindergarten program, the student must be five years old before the first day of school of the school year in which admission is sought. Beginning with the 2020/2021 school year, and continuing thereafter, in order to meet the earliest admission age for the District’s kindergarten program, the student must be five years old on or before July 1. No early admission to Kindergarten shall be permitted.
Registration for Kindergarten will take place at the elementary school in the attendance area of the student’s primary domicile. Each family registering a student should bring their child along with their birth certificate, proof of residency (utility bill, tax bill, mortgage, etc.), and the child’s immunization record. If you have a copy of the WCSD Kindergarten Registration Packet, please bring the completed packet with you to registration.
Please join your child in attending Kindergarten Registration on the date/time specified below. Please make every effort to attend on this day as this represents a critical first step toward meeting the needs of your child and ensuring their success.
If you have any questions, please call Warren County School District Central Office at 723-6900.
What to bring to registration
- Registration Packet - to prepare for registration, parents are encouraged to complete the registration packet before arriving at school for registration. A copy of the registration packet is available for download or call your neighborhood elementary school to have a packet mailed to you.
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency -lease agreement, mortgage, utility bill, credit card bill or PA Driver’s License) at registration
- Immunization Records - students registering for Kindergarten must provide Proof of Immunization
- 4 doses of tetanus*(1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 3 doses of polio
- 2 doses of measles**
- 2 doses of mumps**
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles) **
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox)
Please contact your local health care provider for a copy of your child’s immunization record prior to registration and visit http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/immunizations/14141/school_children_immunizations/557995 for more information.
IN THE EVENT OF A TWO-HOUR DELAY AND/OR SNOW DAY KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION WILL OCCUR AS SCHEDULED.