Letter to WCSD Families/List of Mental Health Resources
Mental Health Resources for WCSD Families
Linked below is a letter from Superintendent Amy Stewart regarding the deaths at Warren Area High School.
The letter also lists a number of mental health supports available in the community for our children. The district encourages our families to review the letter and to feel free to contact their school counselor or principal if they need any help or assistance.
The available supports to children are listed below and will be updated as necessary in this post.
(list updated 12/10/21)
Crisis Helpline Resources
- Center for Community Resources Crisis Hotline
- 1-844-757-3224 or text #63288
- Crisis Text Line
- Text 'HOME' to 741741 to start a conversation with a volunteer crisis counselor
- Service is 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- National Suicide Prevention Chat
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Call 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Call 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Safe2Say Something Hotline
- Students are encouraged to use the Safe2Say hotline to report concerns.
- Students have been trained on the use of the app.
- Call the Safe To Say Hotline at 1-844-723-2729 (SAF2SAY).
- Sunrise Collaborative LLC
- Sunrise has opened its office for crisis appointments related to the recent deaths. Services will be free and confidential.
- Call 724-422-3928 for an appointment.
- The Trevor Project: Support and Crisis: (LGBTQIA+)
- Talk with a counselor 24/7 via online chat, text, or phone
- Call at 1-866-488-7386 (Text ‘START’ to 678-678)
- Website: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help/
- Warren County Lifeline
- 814-726-2100 or 814-726-8413 (8:30a.m.- 5:00p.m. M-F)
- 814-723-2800 or 1-800-406-1255 (after 5:00p.m. and weekends/holidays)
Community Mental Health/Trauma Resources
- The Achievement Center (behavioral health rehabilitation services, summer therapeutic activity programs, family-based mental health services)
- Contact: Tara McQuaid, 305 North State Street, Warren, PA 16365
- Phone: (814)726-4975, Fax: (814)726-4976
- Website: http://www.achievementctr.org
- Beacon Light Outpatient Services (mental health), Forest/Warren Counties
- 1885 Market Street, Warren, PA 16365
- Phone: 814-723-1832, Fax: 814-726-8426
- Corry Counseling of LECOM Health
- Therapeutic services for children or adults of any age.
- Deerfield Behavioral Health
- 1003 Pennsylvania Ave W, Warren, PA 16365
- Family Services of Warren County (substance use/mental health)
- 589 Hospital Dr., Suite E, North Warren, PA 16365
- (814) 723-1330
- Jada Swart, Licensed Professional Counselor
- 414 Market Street, South Warren, PA 16365
- (814) 414-4860
- Email: Jadaswart@livingintensionallyype.com
- LECOM Institute for Behavioral Health (LIBH)
- Short-term stabilization support via telehealth for free for adults or children/youth
- To access these telehealth stabilization appointments, please call the LIBH Reception desk at 814-454-3174
- PA Support & Referral Hotline
- PA Department of Human Services mental health support and referrals
- Call 1-855-284-2494
- Free and available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Staffed by skilled and compassionate caseworkers
- Riverside Counseling LLC
- 438 Pennsylvania Ave. West, Warren, PA 16365
- (814) 230- 3042
- The Schorman Center (an outreach of Hospice Warren County)
- 1 Main Dr. Warren, PA
- Sunrise Collaborative
- 1048 Pennsylvania Ave West, Warren, PA 16365
- Phone: 814-230-9111
- Email: email@example.com
- TransFamily NWPA (LGBTQIA+)
- Group meetings (zoom) are held on the 4th Saturday of each month from 2:00 pm-5:00 pm.
- Zoom link- Contact Dana at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://transfamilynwpa.org/
- Warren County Human Services (SUD/MH/CYS/Case Management)
- 285 Hospital Drive, Warren, PA 16365
- 814-726-2100 or Toll-Free 866-641-3488