Act 16 of 2019 changes "compulsory school age"
Important Change in Definition of “Compulsory School Age”
Effective in 2020-2021, all children from the age of six (6) through the age of eighteen (18) must comply with compulsory school attendance requirements. To meet these requirements, parents must ensure that their child between the ages of 6 and 18 is attending or participating in one of the following:
- a public elementary, middle, or high school;
- a public charter or cyber-charter school;
- a private licensed academic or private religious school;
- home tutoring by a certified teacher;
- or an approved program of homeschooling.
Children may be excused from compulsory attendance for documented medical or other compelling reasons as outlined in District attendance policy and procedures.